Last updated: August 07, 2023Introduction
Finndit Digitech Private Limited (“we,” “our,” “Finndit” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We respect your privacy and recognise the importance of secure transactions and information privacy.
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
- Country: where Finndit or the owners/founders of Finndit are based, in this case is India
- Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Finndit Service to manage the relationships with your consumers or service users, and includes individual entities using our services, and corporate entities extending our services to their employees or class of such employees therein.
- Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit Finndit and use the services.
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Finndit or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Service: refers to the service provided by Finndit as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: Finndit’s site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://finndit.com/
- You: a person or entity that is registered with Finndit to use the Services.
- Vendor: Any entity which offers services or products on our platform
Although there is no exclusive data protection law in India, the privacy and data protection is mandated under Section 43A of Information Technology Act, 2000 read with Information Technology (reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011.Application of this Policy
This policy shall apply equally to all of our vendors, service providers, subcontractors, partners, agents, representatives, employees, and any other third parties. Finndit undertakes to only collect and use personal data voluntarily provided by you. You are able to browse our platform without disclosing any personal information about them. However you have to provide limited personal data to us, as may be required, in order to register or to avail certain services from us.
This policy applies to all contractors, suppliers, customers, users, vendors, sellers, partners, and other third party working on behalf of Finndit or accessing or using our platforms/service. It also applies to the head office, branches office and other offices of Finndit and all employees/officials of Finndit. It applies to all data that Finndit holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the Privacy & Data Protection law. The said information includes, Names, address, mobile/telephone numbers, email Id of users and any other information collected or received by users while accessing or using our platforms/service.
Finndit is required to collect & use certain information about individuals, i.e., customers, suppliers/vendors, business contacts, employees, and the third parties with whom Finndit has a business relationship or may need to contact. This policy describes, how Finndit collects, receives, possesses, stores, deals or handle personal information including sensitive personal information about you and ensure that the same are available for review by you. The personal information must be collected, handled and stored to meet the data protection standards as well as legislative requirements. This policy ensures to comply with data protection law and follows the good practice and protects the rights of employees, customers, suppliers/vendors, business contacts, employees, and the third parties and how to stores and processes data and protects from the risks of data breach.The Information we collect
We collect information from you when you visit our website, register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. We also collect information from mobile devices for a better user experience, although these features are completely optional:
- Location (GPS): Location data helps to create an accurate representation of your interests, and this can be used to bring more targeted and relevant ads to potential customers.
- Camera (Pictures): Granting camera permission allows the user to upload any picture straight from the platform, you can safely deny camera permissions for this platform.
- Photo Gallery (Pictures): Granting photo gallery access allows the user to upload any picture from their photo gallery, you can safely deny photo gallery access for this platform.
You may be required to give your name, residence address, workplace address, email address, date of birth, educational qualifications, Marital status, and similar Personal Information ("Personal Information") & credit card/debit card, and other payment instrument details. We, either through third party service provider or by our own, collect the Know-Your-Customer (KYC) related document from you. KYC related documents include but not limited to, driving licence, proof of possession of Aadhaar number, the Voter's Identity Card, Pan Card, GST, Passport, job card issued by NREGA (duly signed by an officer of the State Government and letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of name and address). If OVD (officially valid documents) furnished by you don’t have an updated address, then in addition to OVD, we may also collect the utility bill (electricity, telephone, post-paid mobile phone, piped gas, water bill) not more than two months old, property or Municipal tax receipt; pension or family pension payment orders (PPOs) issued to retired employees by Government Departments or Public Sector Undertakings, containing the address; letter issued by the Foreign Embassy or Mission in India (in case of foreigner), as prescribed by RBI (Reserve Bank of India) from time to time. If you are Sole Proprietary firms, we may collect the documents which include, (a) Registration certificate; (b) Certificate/licence issued by the municipal authorities under Shop and Establishment Act. (c) Sales and income tax returns. (d) GST certificate (provisional/final). (e) IEC (Importer Exporter Code) issued to the proprietary concern by the office of DGFT or Licence/certificate of practice issued in your firm’s name (in case of Importer /Exporter). (f) Income Tax Return (just the acknowledgement) in your firm’s name, duly authenticated/acknowledged by the Income Tax authorities. (g) Utility bills such as electricity, water, landline telephone bills, etc., or, the documents relating to proof of business/activity. We may also conduct verification and collect such other information and clarification as would be required to establish the existence of your firm, as per our satisfaction. If you are Legal Entities, we may collect the documents which includes, (a) Certificate of incorporation; (b) Memorandum and Articles of Association; (c) Permanent Account Number of the company; (d) Board resolution & power of attorney granted to its managers, officers or employees to transact on its behalf or Documents relating to beneficial owner. If you are partnership firm, we may collect the documents which include, (a) the certified copies Registration certificate; Partnership deed; Permanent Account Number of the partnership firm and Documents relating to beneficial owner, managers, officers or employees. If you are Trust, we may collect the documents which include, (a) the certified copies Registration certificate; Trust deed; Permanent Account Number or Form No.60 of the trust and Documents relating to beneficial owner, managers, officers or employees. If you are unincorporated association or a body of individuals, we may collect the documents which include, (a) the certified copies Resolution of the managing body; Permanent Account Number or Form No.60 of the unincorporated association or a body of individuals and Documents relating to beneficial owner, managers, officers or employees. We, either through third party service provider or by our own, may also undertake Video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP) in Compliance of KYC policy of RBI. The Personal Information is used for three general purposes: to customize the content you see, to fulfil your requests for certain services, and to contact you about our services via including but not limited to email's, SMS’s and other means of communication. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service, product or feature on our Platform. Finndit collects the personal information voluntarily provided by you while accessing or using our platforms/service. Finndit also collects data (on regular basis) from various sources such as newspaper, visiting cards, pamphlets, magazines and journals (including both free and pay), by appointment of data collectors, join free option made available on Finndit platforms.
For a detailed list of data that may be recorded by us in the scope of our services, please see below
|S. No.||Source of Information||Nature of Information Collected|
|4.||Information from Other Sources|
|6||Third Party Information|
Finndit does not collect sensitive personal data or information. It only collects the sensitive personal data or information which is considered necessary to provide the service or to fulfil the purpose and for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Finndit. User can continue to browse / search on Finndit’s platform without giving any information; however, Personal Information is required for availing the certain services on Finndit’s platform.
Finndit does not collect emails, addresses or other contact information from your mobile address book or contact lists other than name and mobile phone numbers. Finndit does not store historical location information in any form or manner at its end, except for last known location from which Finndit software was accessed in case of non-availability of current location data. Finndit App integrates with face-book SDK and may send aggregate usage statistics to face-book from time to time. Usage of information sent to face-book is governed by Facebook's data usage policies which can be found at www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
While collecting information, Finndit ensures that you must be informed about
the fact that the information is being collected;
- the purpose for which the information is being collected;
- the intended recipients of the information; and
- the name and address of (i) the agency that is collecting the information; and (ii) the agency that will retain the information.
The data/information shall not be collected unless-
- you have provided a valid, informed & free consent;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party;
- processing is necessary for compliance with the company legal obligation;
- processing is necessary in order to protect your interests; or
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
The data/information collected shall be used for the purpose for which it has been collected. In addition, the Finndit uses the data for the following purposes:
- To provide services.
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests. If you search the products or service from our platform without logged in or sought the information by calling our hotline, we collect mobile number and generate lead with our vendors/service providers, as per your choice/request. If you search the products or service from our platform with logged in, we share your information (i.e., name, mobile, email etc.,) as available with us with our service providers to fulfil your choice/request.
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys.
- To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us.
- To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, mobile services, and advertising.
- To provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Services.
- To recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Finndit Services.
- To operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers.
- To provide our services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfilment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions.
- To display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- To prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Finndit, and others.
- Communicate with you.
- Contacting with you for promoting services.
- The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Finndit in legal proceeding at the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of Finndit services.
- For operation and maintenance purposes.
- We use your voice input, images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services.
- It helps us in operating, providing, improving, understanding, customizing, supporting, and marketing our Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from seller’s information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
Personal Information will be kept confidential and will be used for our research, marketing, and strategic client analysis objectives and other internal business purposes only. We do not sell Personal Information. If you are a customer of our services, your Information shall be shared with our subscribers/advertisers and you shall be given consent to the same. Further, the subscribers / advertisers who are listed with us, may call you, based on the query or enquiry that you make with us, enquiring about any Product / Service or Product / Service of any subscriber / advertiser. If you are a vendor/seller/business entity availing our services, your information shall be shared with our users, customers, callers, subscribers/advertisers who are seeking our services. You are hereby giving us the consent to share the details.
We use your personal information to assist vendors, service providers, and business partners in handling and fulfilling orders; enhancing customer experience; resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in our products/services; inform you about offers, products, services, and updates; customize and enhance your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection of information.
With your consent, we will have access to your SMS, contacts in your directory, location and device information. We may also request you to provide your PAN, GST Number, Government issued ID cards/number and Know-Your-Customer (KYC) details to: (i) check your eligibility for certain products and services including but not limited to credit and payment products; (ii) issue GST invoice for the products and services purchased for your business requirements; (iii) enhance your experience on the Platform and provide you access to the products and services being offered by us, vendors, sellers, service providers, affiliates or lending partners. You understand that your access to these products/services may be affected in the event consent is not provided to us.
In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we and our affiliates collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our Platform. We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Platform. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
We will occasionally ask you to participate in optional surveys conducted either by us or through a third party market research agency. These surveys may ask you for personal information, contact information, date of birth, demographic information (like zip code, age, or income level), attributes such as your interests, household or lifestyle information, your purchasing behaviour or history, preferences, and other such information that you may choose to provide. The surveys may involve collection of voice data or video recordings, the participation of which would purely be voluntary in nature. We use this data to tailor your experience at our Platform, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
If you submit Personally Identifiable Information to us through the Finndit platform, or Finndit Service, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Finndit platform and Finndit Service. In particular, your mobile phone number is essential to your use of the Finndit Service and will be retained. Your name (as it is saved in other user's mobile phone address book or contact list) may be displayed to other users if they tag your mobile number and access your ratings in the App.
Finndit "tags" the contacts in your address book as your friends, but at any-time, you can review the list of your tagged friends and choose to untag any of them at any time. Untagging your contacts will hide your ratings from them and will also result in their ratings not being shown to you. Ratings would not indicate your relationship with the reviewer however ratings will be always shown on the platform.
Only users of Finndit will be displayed in your tagged friends list. If a contact in your address book has rated an establishment/s on Finndit platforms, the ratings associated with the contact will be displayed as part of your friends' ratings. If a contact in your address book has used Finndit's service across any platform and has not rated an establishment, although their name is displayed in your friends list, no ratings will be shown associated with the said contact. If any of your tagged friends registers with our Service across Finndit's platforms, ratings of such a friend will be visible to you only if Your mobile number is present in his contacts list and You have not been untagged by your friend. It will be indicated as friend however rating will be always visible to everyone as a common user of Finndit.
We receive some information from the third parties when you contact us. For example, when you submit your email address to us to show interest in becoming a Finndit customer, we receive information from a third party that provides automated fraud detection services to Finndit. We also occasionally collect information that is made publicly available on social media websites. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settingsDo we share the information we collect with third parties?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
We may engage trusted third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the website, database storage and management, e-mail management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through the website. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you. We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks.
If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the website in a shared location, and type of the device used to visit the website. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the website and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers. We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
Where and when is information collected from customers and end users? Finndit will collect personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties as described above.How Do We Use Your Email Address?
By submitting your email address on this website, you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do. By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targeting on sites like Facebook, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us. Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates pertaining to your order. If, however, you have provided the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this Policy. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email which may be classified as marketing materials. Emails containing essential notifications relevant to the user/vendor/service providers cannot be unsubscribed from.How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Finndit to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.How do we process your information?
- Personal /Sensitive personal data may be processed if such processing is necessary, for any function of Parliament or any State Legislature and/or for the exercise of any function of the State authorised by law for the provision of any service or benefit to the data principal from the State; or the issuance of any certification, license or permit for any action or activity of the data principal by the State.
- Personal data/Sensitive personal data may be processed if such processing is (a) explicitly mandated under any law made by Parliament or any State Legislature; or (b) for compliance with any order or judgment of any Court or Tribunal in India.
- Personal data/Sensitive personal data may be processed if such processing is necessary— (a) to respond to any medical emergency involving a threat to the life or a severe threat to the health of the data principal or any other individual; (b) to undertake any measure to provide medical treatment or health services to any individual during an epidemic, outbreak of disease or any other threat to public health; or (c) to undertake any measure to ensure safety of, or provide assistance or services to, any individual during any disaster or any breakdown of public order.
- Personal data may be processed if such processing is necessary for— (a) recruitment or termination of employment of a data principal; (b) provision of any service to, or benefit sought by, the data principal; (c) verifying the attendance of the data principal; or (d) any other activity relating to the assessment of the performance of the data principal.
- In addition to the grounds for processing contained aforesaid, personal data may be processed if such processing is necessary for such reasonable purposes as may be specified after taking into consideration— (a) the interest of us in processing for that purpose; (b) whether us can reasonably be expected to obtain the consent of the data principal; (c) any public interest in processing for that purpose; (d) the effect of the processing activity on the rights of the data principal; and (e) the reasonable expectations of the data principal having regard to the context of the processing.
- The reasonable purposes means and includes, prevention and detection of any unlawful activity including fraud; whistle blowing; mergers and acquisitions; network and information security; credit scoring; recovery of debt; processing of publicly available personal data. However Finndit ensures the protection of the rights of data principals.
- Sensitive personal data may be processed on the basis of explicit consent. [Consent shall be considered explicit only if it is valid if: (a) informed, having regard to whether the attention of the data principal has been drawn to purposes of or operations in processing that may have significant consequences for the data principal; (b) clear, having regard to whether it is meaningful without recourse to inference from conduct in a context; and (c) specific, having regard to whether the data principal is given the choice of separately consenting to the purposes of, operations in, and the use of different categories of sensitive personal data relevant to processing].
- Processing of personal data of children: Finndit doesn’t allow children below the age of 13 years to visit our platform without parental guidance or control. Based on your date of birth disclosed by you, we verify your age. When the children visit our platform or use our service, we believe that they access our platform or service under the parental guidance, control and consent and we can process the information accordingly. Finndit shall process personal data of children in a manner that protects the rights and best interests of the child.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) is never kept on file. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to Finndit or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.Could my information be transferred to other countries?
Finndit is incorporated in India. Information collected via our website, through direct interactions with you, or from use of our help services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, and may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.Is the information collected through the Finndit Service secure?
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us. You are responsible for keeping your device and your account safe and secure, and must notify us promptly of any unauthorised use or security breach of your account or our Services. Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential. Finndit uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, technical, electronic and procedural safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. Finndit shall adopt reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of your Information. For this purpose, Finndit adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where Finndit stores your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Finndit and you do so at your own risk. You hereby waive and release Finndit from any claim of damages under the contract.
- Finndit may share your Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which, inter-alia, provides for that such third parties not disclosing the Information further unless such disclosure is for the purpose. However, Finndit is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive your Personal Information. Finndit is not liable for any loss or injury caused to you as a result of you providing your Personal Information to third party (including any third-party websites, even if links to such third-party websites are provided on the Website).
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Finndit shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A "Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Finndit and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer, computer system or computer network, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of Finndit), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity. While we will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any Personal Information which we hold about you and prevent unauthorised access, you acknowledge that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and that we cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of your Personal Information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, processing, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. Whenever you access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to our security guidelines to protect it against unauthorised access. However, by using our platform, you accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet which cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure, and therefore, there would always remain certain inherent risks regarding use of the Platform. You are responsible for ensuring the protection of login and password records for their account. You hereby waive and release Finndit from any claim of damages under contract.
- We work to protect the security of your data/information including sensitive personal data during transmission by using encryption protocols and software. We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling payment card data. If you choose a payment gateway to complete any transaction on Finndit Platform, then your credit/debit card data/financial details may be stored in compliance with industry standards/recommended data security standard for security of financial information, i.e., the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and as per applicable law.
- Finndit shall review the policies and collection methods of Third-Parties before accepting personal information from Third-Party data sources. The audit of reasonable security practices and procedures shall be carried out by an auditor annually to undertake significant upgradation of its process and computer resource.
The rights you have to request updates or corrections to the information Finndit collects depend on your relationship with Finndit. Personnel may update or correct their information as detailed in our internal company employment policies. Customers have the right to request the restriction of certain uses and disclosures of personally identifiable information as follows. You can contact us in order to –
- Update or correct your personally identifiable information,
- Change your preferences with respect to communications and other information you receive from us, or
- Delete the personally identifiable information maintained about you on our systems (subject to the following paragraph), by cancelling your account.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system.
- Other users of Finndit Service may see your ratings submissions in a way that is consistent with the use of the Finndit Service. For example, a rating of "ABC Restaurant" on Finndit will be available to every user of the Finndit Service who has that mobile phone number in their mobile phone's address book or contact list and has tagged the mobile phone number as a friend in the Finndit App friends ratings feature. For more information on this feature, please refer paragraphs above.
- We do not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information (such as mobile or phone number) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent, or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third-party service providers to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform, improve or maintain the Finndit Service.
- We share information with our affiliated companies, business partners, associates etc with whom we are having an arrangement to provide/receive services. We may use the information we receive from them, and they may use the information we share with them, to help operate, provide, improve, understand, customise, support, and market our Services and their offerings. This includes helping improve infrastructure and delivery systems, understanding how our Services or theirs are used, securing systems, and fighting spam, abuse, or infringement activities and promoting, marketing of business.
- We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or to government/law enforcement agencies requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, companies, or others. (e) for purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
- Finndit shall share/disclose the data/information, without obtaining prior consent from you, with Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information, including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation, including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
If you are a Finndit worker or applicant, we collect information you voluntarily provide to us. We use the information collected for Human Resources purposes in order to administer benefits to workers and screen applicants. You may contact us in order to
- Update or correct your information,
- Change your preferences with respect to communications and other information you receive from us, or
Finndit shall not transfer sensitive personal data or information including any information, to third parties in India, or outside India, except under the following circumstances:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services,
- To fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Services,
- To fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions,
- To prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Finndit, and others,
- It is necessary for the performance of the lawful contract between Finndit and data principal; or
- where data principal has consented to data transfer;
However, Finndit ensures the same level of data protection that is adhered to by them, as that of Finndit as provided for.
When using vendors to collect personal information on the behalf of Finndit, it shall ensure that the vendors comply with the data protection requirements of Finndit as defined in this Policy.Accountability Measures
Privacy by Design:
- Finndit shall implement policies and measures to ensure that managerial, organisational and business practices, and technical systems are designed in a manner to anticipate, identify and avoid harm to you;
- Finndit shall implement policies and measures to ensure that the technology used in the processing of personal data is in accordance with commercially accepted or certified standards;
- Finndit shall implement policies and measures to ensure that the legitimate interest of businesses including any innovation is achieved without compromising privacy interests;
- Finndit shall implement policies and measures to ensure that privacy is protected throughout processing from the point of collection to deletion of personal data, and processing of personal data is carried out in a transparent manner and the interest of the data provider is accounted for at every stage of processing of personal Data.
Transparency: Finndit shall take reasonable steps to maintain transparency regarding its general practices related to processing personal data and shall make the following information available in an easily accessible form as may be specified:
- the categories of personal data generally collected and the manner of such collection;
- the purposes for which personal data is generally processed;
- any categories of personal data processed in exceptional situations or any exceptional purposes of processing that create a risk of significant harm;
- the existence of and procedure for the exercise of data principal rights;
- the existence of a right to file complaints to the Authority;
- Information regarding cross-border transfers of personal data, if any.
Security Safeguards: Having regard to the nature, scope and purpose of processing personal data undertaken, the risks associated with such processing, and the likelihood and severity of the harm that may result from such processing, Finndit shall implement appropriate security safeguards including (a) use of methods such as de-identification and encryption; (b) steps necessary to protect the integrity of personal data; and (c) steps necessary to prevent misuse, unauthorised access to, modification, disclosure or destruction of personal data. Finndit shall undertake a review of its security safeguards periodically as may be specified and may take appropriate measures accordingly.
Personal Data Breach: Finndit shall notify the Authority of any personal data breach relating to any personal data processed by Finndit where such breach is likely to cause harm to any data principal. The said notification includes, (a) nature of personal data which is the subject matter of the breach; (b) number of data principals affected by the breach; (c) possible consequences of the breach; and (d) measures being taken by the data fiduciary to remedy the breach.
Record-Keeping: Finndit shall maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the following: (a) important operations in the data life-cycle including collection, transfers, and erasure of personal data to demonstrate compliance; (b) periodic review of security safeguards; and (c) data protection impact assessments.
Data Audits: Finndit shall have its policies and the conduct of its processing of personal data audited annually by an independent data auditor. The data auditor will evaluate the compliance of Finndit with the provisions of law including clarity and effectiveness of notices, transparency, security safeguards, instances of personal data breach and response thereto.Sale of Business
This website may contain third party advertisements and links to third party sites. Finndit does not make any representation as to the accuracy or suitability of any of the information contained in those advertisements or sites and does not accept any responsibility or liability for the conduct or content of those advertisements and sites and the offerings made by the third parties. Advertising keeps Finndit and many of the websites and services you use free of charge. We work hard to make sure that advertisements are safe, unobtrusive, and as relevant as possible. Third-party advertisements and links to other sites where goods or services are advertised are not endorsements or recommendations by Finndit of the third-party sites, goods or services. Finndit takes no responsibility for the content of any of the ads, promises made, or the quality/reliability of the products or services offered in all advertisements.Cookies for Advertising
These cookies collect information over time about your online activity on the website and other online services to make online advertisements more relevant and effective to you. This is known as interest-based advertising. They also perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing and ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed for advertisers. Without cookies, it is really hard for an advertiser to reach its audience, or to know how many ads were shown and how many clicks they received.Cookies
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve the content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
Our cookies allow you to take advantage of some of our essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use any products or services that require you to sign in. Approved third parties also may set cookies when you interact with our services.
Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks, and advertising companies.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by choosing a "disable cookies" option in your browser settings. However, this can limit the functionality of our services.Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
Wherever you are located you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilise all of its features and services. You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g., saved login details, site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser, you should visit your browser's help menu for more information.Remarketing Services
We use remarketing services. In digital marketing, remarketing (or retargeting) is the practice of serving advertisements across the internet to people who have already visited your website. It allows your company to seem like they are “following” people around the internet by serving advertisements on the websites and platforms they use most.Children’s Privacy
We may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services) or provide links to third-party websites or services ("Third- Party Services"). You acknowledge and agree that Finndit shall not be responsible for any Third-Party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. Finndit does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Services. Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.Facebook Pixel
Google Maps API
- Local Storage sometimes known as DOM storage provides web apps with methods and protocols for storing client-side data. Web storage supports persistent data storage, similar to cookies but with a greatly enhanced capacity and no information stored in the HTTP request header.
Merchant Data Sharing
- We reserve the right to share personal information for marketing materials with merchants.
- Dispute Resolution & Recourse: Finndit shall define and document a cyber-incident management program which addresses the data protection & privacy related incidents. The incident management program includes a clear escalation path up to the executive management, legal counsel, and the board based on type and/or severity of the data breach. It shall define a process to register all the incidents/complaints and queries related to data breach. Finndit shall perform a periodic review of all the complaints related to data breach to ensure that all the complaints are resolved in a timely manner and resolutions are documented and communicated to the data principals. An escalation process for unresolved complaints and disputes which shall be designed and documented and the Communication of privacy incident/breach reporting channels and the escalation matrix shall be provided to all data providers.
- Dispute Resolution & Escalation Process for Employees: Employees with enquiries or complaints about the processing of their personal information shall first discuss the matter with their immediate reporting manager. If the employee does not wish to raise an inquiry or complaint with their immediate reporting manager, or if the manager and employee are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution of the issues raised, the employee shall bring the issue to the attention of the Grievance Officer.
- Dispute Resolution & Escalation Process for Customer/Third Party: Customers/Third Party with inquiries or complaints about the processing of their personal information shall bring the matter to the attention of the Grievance Officer in writing. Any disputes concerning the processing of the personal information of non-employees shall be resolved through arbitration.
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules & regulations made thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name: Yogesh Kumar
Address: (C-196A, 6TH FLOOR, TIMES SQUARE, PHASE 8B INDUSTRIAL AREA,SECTOR 74, MOHALI ),
Contact No. 9115567558